Thursday, March 3, 2011

Make your own dog shampoo

So I have two huge standard poodles. The cost to groom them can be astronomical! I have decided to be budget conscious and do it myself.  When it comes to bathing soaps can be very expensive.Most human shampoos are not good for dogs skin or coats. With large dogs I can use a bottle of dog shampoo up in two or three baths. So I went on a search and found this shampoo recipe which is inexpensive and lasts a long time!
 
You will need!

  • An empty plastic container
  • 1 cup Ivory clear liquid dish soap
  • 1 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup glycerine
Mix all ingredients together and shake. Your ready for a bath!

Why I use these ingredients;
Ivory soap is mild on the skin and fur and gets your pup squeeky clean
Apple cider vinegar is a deodorant
Glycerin is a moisturizer


No comments:

Post a Comment